Maurices.com Anniversary Shopping Spree Giveaway
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside of the United States, and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Entry in the “maurices.com Anniversary Shopping Spree Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 4, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 12, 2010 (“Entry Period”) with entry via email sign-up on maurices.com. The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are as of October 4, 2010 at least the age of majority in their primary jurisdiction of residence. Employees, officers, and directors of maurices Incorporated and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, and advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- SPONSOR: Maurices Incorporated, 105 W. Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802 (“Sponsor”).
- HOW TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, visit www.maurices.com (“Entry Site”) and click on the link for maurices.com anniversary shopping spree giveaway, then follow the instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. You must provide a valid email address to enter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, HOUSEHOLD ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR TELEPHONE NUMBER REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD(S) OF ENTRY. ANY ENTRIES RECEIVED IN EXCESS OF THIS MAXIMUM OF ONE (1) ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD.
The Entry Site clock shall be the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries, which will be disqualified. Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
- PRIZE DRAWINGS: On or about October 14, 2010, Sponsor will one select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner, one (1) potential First Prize winner, one (1) potential Second Prize winner, and ten (10) potential Third Prize winners in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions are final and legally binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION. An entrant is not a winner unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified as set forth below. Potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within seven (7) days of the date of being selected as a potential winner. Except where legally prohibited, the potential Winner must sign and return, within ten (10) business days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release, as well as an IRS W-9 Form, in order to claim his/her prize. Upon receipt of Affidavit and verification of winner’s eligibility by Sponsor, prize will be sent to winner via overnight courier delivery. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or is unavailable to accept the prize within the time period specified by Sponsor, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected in his/her place. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner. Up to three (3) alternate winners will be selected, after which the prize shall not be awarded.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are not transferable and no substitution is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and sales taxes) and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate retail value of his/her prize. Additional terms and conditions apply to maurices® gift card; see card for full terms and conditions. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of impairment.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall own the entries, which shall not be acknowledged or returned.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLICATIONS, AND PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT, AND MARKETING AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EACH PRIZE WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING BY WINNER) ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PHOTOGRAPH, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST OR POSTING TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLD WIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for District of Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota state court located in Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws, regulations, and ordinances of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Minnesota.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List, (available after 10/20/10) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of Vermont only may omit return postage) to “maurices.com Anniversary Sweepstakes” - WINNER’S LIST - OR - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify which you are requesting), 105 W. Superior Street Duluth, MN 55802. Official Rules are also available during the Entry Period at the Entry Site.
Maurices Incorporated shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright © 2010. maurices® is a registered trademark of Maurices Incorporated. All rights reserved.